For daily visits to mountain national parks (Banff, Jasper, Yoho, Kootenay, Waterton Lakes, Elk Island, Mount Revelstoke, and Glacier).
- Passes must be printed and displayed prominently on the dash of your vehicle.
- Does not include entry to national historic sites.
Discovery Passes are sent in the mail: Printed receipts/proof of purchase can be used for entry for up to 30 days from the date of purchase to accommodate mailing time
- Receipts must be printed and displayed prominently on the dash of your vehicle.
- Receipts are no longer valid for entry after the 30-day period or after the physical Discovery Pass arrives in the mail.
- The Discovery Pass includes all privileges and services that come with a daily admission pass or permit.
- The Discovery Pass is valid for a full 12 months from the date of purchase, expiring on the last day of the month in which it was purchased.
- When the Discovery Pass arrives in the mail it must be signed by the pass holder and is void if re-sold or transferred.
- Hang the Discovery pass from the rear-view mirror with the date facing forward, or place your pass on the driver side dash with the date facing up. If arriving by motorcycle, present your pass upon request from a Parks Canada employee.
- Present your Discovery Pass upon arrival at national historic sites.
- Services such as Canadian Rockies Hot Springs admission, backcountry overnight use, guided tours or parking that normally carry a separate fee are not included with the purchase of a national park pass.
- Camping fees are not included with the purchase of a national park pass.
- Family/group passes are not valid for commercial groups. Commercial group rates apply to all commercial groups.
- No refunds will be given on Day or Annual Parks Canada Discovery Passes. All sales are final.