weekend, why not venture beyond with dad to Jasper National Park, Canada’s base of
adventure? Whether he likes to take it easy or hit the ground running, there’s
something for every level of explorer. Here’s 6 things to do during your escape
to the real Rockies this Father’s Day.
1) Experience the round of a lifetime as you and dad take a swing at Canada's number one course - Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Golf Club. Nestled amidst the real Rockies and surrounded by lush forests and turquoise blue lakes, it’s likely that dad won’t care if he’s having a good game or not!
2) If you think he’d rather trade in his clubs for a fishing rod, Jasper just so happens to be one of North America's best fishing areas. The iconic Maligne Lake, one of many fun but challenging fishing spots, is stocked with rainbow trout and eastern brook trout. Indulge in some friendly competition and see who can catch the most fish - but maybe let dad win this time! Fishing permits and regulations are managed by Parks Canada. For more information or to book a guided fishing excursion, click here.
3) Reconnect with nature as you share a paddle with dad along one of Jasper’s many lakes or rivers. From canoeing, kayaking, rafting, stand up paddle boarding, and more – Jasper is the place to be if water sports are his forte. For more ideas on how you can venture beyond the shore this summer, click here.
4) Go further and discover more on one of Jasper’s signature experiences, a motorcycle tour! Let dad channel his inner wild side with Jasper Motorcycle Tours as you head down the Icefields Parkway, voted one of the best drives in the world. There’s nothing like cruising down the road with the wind in your hair and dad smiling from ear to ear on this adventure of a lifetime!
5) Maybe it’s been on dad’s bucket list to go on a helicopter ride – and what better time than now to experience what it’s like to soar amidst the peaks of the real Rockies?! Surprise dad with a Rockies Heli flight this Father’s Day!
6) Fuel up after your adventure filled day with some of dad’s favourites. Be it a burger and beer, pizza and wine, or a steak dinner paired with an Old Fashioned – Jasper’s culinary scene has something to please every appetite.
This Sunday, June 19th, treat dad to an adventure in the real Rockies and make it a day he won’t soon forget!