Downhill Skiing and Snowboarding
Located in the rugged landscape of Jasper National Park in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, Marmot Basin sits on the highest base elevation of all Canadian ski areas.
Marmot Basin is the ski resort in Jasper, and is as unpretentious as it is pristine. It is known for its spectacular views, variety of runs, and laid back atmosphere.
• Marmot Basin Lift Tickets
• About Skiing in Jasper
• The Trails
• Kids & Ski School
• Snowboarding & Terrain Park
• Snow Report
• Dining on the Mountain
Overlooking breathtaking mountain vistas, you will find the 1,675 acres, 86 runs and 3,000 vertical feet of varied terrain that make up Marmot Basin. Marmot’s 7 lifts take you to terrain that is split between novice (30%), intermediate (30%), advanced (20%), and expert (20%) making this an ideal destination for skiers and boarders of all abilities.
From Jasper, getting to Marmot is easy. It's a short drive, south on highway 93, or you can take one of the many shuttles from throughout town.
There are 4 distinct areas of the mountain that are laid out in a very user friendly way, so going from steep alpine bowls to bumps to cruising through glades is just a chairlift or two away.
7 lifts on the mountain open up a variety of runs that are easy to follow for all skiers by using the identifying signage.
Reasons kids can enjoy Marmot Basin:
1) The difficulty of runs is almost equally balanced between novice, intermediate and advanced.
2) Snow School. There are first timer lessons for kids and adults of all ages.
3) Little Rascals Nursery. If your little one is not a skier, The Little Rascals Nursery is a safe and happy environment for children between the ages of 19 months to 6 years,
The Rogers Terrain Park is on the Lower Life Line, accessed through the Eagle Express chair.
Jasper enjoys dry, Alberta powder from November to May. The Snow Report is updated daily on Marmot Basin's website.
You're never far from the quintessential après ski experience. There are 3 options:
1) Caribou Chalet - You'll see the Caribout Chalet at the bottom of the hill. There's a cafeteria, dining area, and a deck to take in the scenery.
2) Paradise & Eagle Chalets - Charlie's Lounge, the Eagle Dining Room and Lounge and the Paradise Cafeteria are located mid-mountain. These log style buildings have outdoor decks, a pioneer feel, and a ton of charm.
3) Scooters Coffee Bar & Eatery - When you get to the Marmot Basin Guest Services area there will be Scooters - famous for its coffee, breakfast and snacks.